By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy offers a historic heritage, info the current prestige of data within the box, and defines the questions desiring awareness in destiny study. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is finished in its insurance and should definitely have large attraction. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, ordinary background, comparative body structure, anatomy and lots of different fields will locate whatever new and interesting in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers a whole assessment of a tremendous and immensely attention-grabbing region of research
- Provides a point of view of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains a variety of illustrations in addition to complete charts
- Provides a synoptic remedy of the entire identified air-breathing species with vital information on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Best marine biology books
Ever-increasing curiosity in oceanography and marine biology and its relevance to international environmental concerns creates a requirement for authoritative stories summarizing the result of contemporary examine. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual evaluate has responded this call for when you consider that its founding through the past due Harold Barnes greater than 40 years in the past.
The Biology of Lungfishes offers an updated number of stories on one of the most vital elements of the lifetime of lungfishes. The publication attracts on contributions from famous specialists with a protracted list of medical paintings inside their respective fields. the final normal heritage of the 3 genera of lungfishes, the attention-grabbing fossil tale, and glossy rules of lungfish phylogeny shape the most a part of the textual content.
The Mollusca, quantity 7: copy provides the numerous gains of replica for one of many major significant molluscan teams. This publication stories the reproductive biology of land snails, which deals the root for making interesting comparisons with different terrestrial teams in illustrating how evolutionary a number of teams solved their universal challenge of laying eggs.
This publication represents the 1st multidisciplinary medical paintings on a deep volcanic maar lake compared to different comparable temperate lakes. The syntheses of the most features of Lake Pavin are, for the 1st time, set in a less assailable footing comparative method, encompassing local, nationwide, eu and foreign aquatic technological know-how contexts.
- Freshwater Fish Distribution
- Management Science in Fisheries: An introduction to simulation-based methods (Earthscan Oceans)
- Small Cetaceans of Japan: Exploitation and Biology
- Ecohydrology: Vegetation Function, Water and Resource Management
- Coral Bleaching: Patterns, Processes, Causes and Consequences: 205 (Ecological Studies)
- Exploring the Marine Ecology from Space: Experience from Russian-Norwegian cooperation (Springer Remote Sensing/Photogrammetry)
Additional resources for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation