By Jeffrey Hoffstein,Jill Pipher,Joseph H. Silverman
This self-contained creation to fashionable cryptography emphasizes the math at the back of the idea of public key cryptosystems and electronic signature schemes. The publication makes a speciality of those key themes whereas constructing the mathematical instruments wanted for the development and defense research of various cryptosystems. in simple terms uncomplicated linear algebra is needed of the reader; ideas from algebra, quantity conception, and likelihood are brought and built as required. this article offers an amazing advent for arithmetic and laptop technology scholars to the mathematical foundations of recent cryptography. The booklet contains an in depth bibliography and index; supplementary fabrics can be found online.
The publication covers various themes which are thought of valuable to mathematical cryptography. Key subject matters include:
- classical cryptographic structures, similar to Diffie–Hellmann key alternate, discrete logarithm-based cryptosystems, the RSA cryptosystem, and electronic signatures;
- fundamental mathematical instruments for cryptography, together with primality checking out, factorization algorithms, likelihood concept, details conception, and collision algorithms;
- an in-depth therapy of significant cryptographic techniques, equivalent to elliptic curves, elliptic curve and pairing-based cryptography, lattices, lattice-based cryptography, and the NTRU cryptosystem.
The moment variation of An advent
to Mathematical Cryptography incorporates a major revision of the fabric on electronic signatures, together with an past creation to RSA, Elgamal, and DSA signatures, and new fabric on lattice-based signatures and rejection sampling. Many sections were rewritten or elevated for readability, specifically within the chapters on details thought, elliptic curves, and lattices, and the bankruptcy of extra themes has been increased to incorporate sections on electronic funds and homomorphic encryption. Numerous new routines were included.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) PDF
Similar number theory books
This monograph serves as a self-contained advent to Nevanlinna's conception of worth distribution in addition to a invaluable reference for study experts. Authors current, for the 1st time in e-book shape, the main sleek and subtle types of the second one major Theorem with designated mistakes phrases, in either the geometric and logarithmic by-product dependent techniques.
Computing device mathematics has turn into so essentially embedded into electronic layout that many engineers are blind to the various learn advances within the zone. accordingly, they're wasting out on rising possibilities to optimize its use in particular functions and applied sciences. in lots of instances, simply on hand ordinary mathematics would possibly not inevitably be the best implementation procedure.
This can be the 1st therapy in e-book structure of proof-theoretic ameliorations - often called evidence interpretations - that specializes in functions to bland arithmetic. It covers either the required logical equipment at the back of the facts interpretations which are utilized in fresh functions in addition to – through prolonged case stories – engaging in a few of these functions in complete aspect.
In 2013, a bit recognized mathematician in his overdue 50s surprised the mathematical group with a leap forward on an age-old challenge approximately major numbers. for the reason that then, there was additional dramatic growth at the challenge, because of the efforts of a large-scale on-line collaborative attempt of a sort that might were unthinkable in arithmetic a few many years in the past, and the perception and creativity of a tender mathematician before everything of his occupation.
- Arithmetic of Higher-Dimensional Algebraic Varieties (Progress in Mathematics)
- Ergodic Theory (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
- Eta Products and Theta Series Identities (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
- The Theory of Algebraic Number Fields
- Algebra (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Conformal Field Theory, Automorphic Forms and Related Topics: CFT, Heidelberg, September 19-23, 2011 (Contributions in Mathematical and Computational Sciences)
Additional info for An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)