By Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger
The Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into physiology and Function is an exact, targeted, absolutely illustrated, descriptive, and functionally orientated textual content at the anatomy and morphology of dolphins. It makes a speciality of a few delphinid species, with keynotes on vital dolphin-like genera, corresponding to the harbor porpoise. It additionally serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing traits and emphases in molecular biology and genetics.
The authors proportion their life-long services on marine mammals in a number of disciplines. Written as a workforce instead of being ready as a set of separate contributions, the result's a uniform and complete sort, giving all the various subject matters applicable area. Many colour figures, which use the authors’ entry to huge collections of targeted dolphin and whale fabric, around out this remarkable providing to the field.
- Includes high quality illustrations, drawings, halftone art, photographic documentations, microphotos, and tables detailing dolphin anatomy, functionality, and morphology
- Facilitates schooling and coaching of scholars of all simple study and technologies devoted to marine biology and the remedy of marine mammals
- Brings jointly the present wisdom and knowledge in this subject, together with these in vague prior or non-English courses, or scattered in brief chapters in volumes
- Covers a few delphinid species and serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing traits in molecular biology and genetics
Read Online or Download Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function PDF
Similar marine biology books
Ever-increasing curiosity in oceanography and marine biology and its relevance to international environmental matters creates a requirement for authoritative studies summarizing the result of fresh study. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual assessment has responded this call for because its founding via the past due Harold Barnes greater than 40 years in the past.
The Biology of Lungfishes provides an updated number of reports on probably the most vital features of the lifetime of lungfishes. The booklet attracts on contributions from famous specialists with an extended checklist of medical paintings inside of their respective fields. the final normal heritage of the 3 genera of lungfishes, the attention-grabbing fossil tale, and glossy rules of lungfish phylogeny shape the most a part of the textual content.
The Mollusca, quantity 7: replica provides the numerous good points of replica for one of many major significant molluscan teams. This e-book reports the reproductive biology of land snails, which bargains the root for making attention-grabbing comparisons with different terrestrial teams in illustrating how evolutionary a number of teams solved their universal challenge of laying eggs.
This ebook represents the 1st multidisciplinary medical paintings on a deep volcanic maar lake compared to different related temperate lakes. The syntheses of the most features of Lake Pavin are, for the 1st time, set in a more impregnable footing comparative method, encompassing nearby, nationwide, ecu and overseas aquatic technological know-how contexts.
- Ocean Solutions, Earth Solutions
- Fractals and Multifractals in Ecology and Aquatic Science
- Endocrine Sex Differentiation in Fish
- Environmental Assessment of Estuarine Ecosystems: A Case Study (Environmental and Ecological Risk Assessment)
Extra info for Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function