By Jack M. Callaway,Elizabeth L. Nicholls
- First booklet in additional than eighty years committed solely to fossil marine reptiles
- Documents the most up-tp-date examine on extinct marine reptiles
- Prepared via the world's so much renowned specialists within the field
- Well illustrated
Read or Download Ancient Marine Reptiles PDF
Best marine biology books
Ever-increasing curiosity in oceanography and marine biology and its relevance to international environmental concerns creates a requirement for authoritative stories summarizing the result of fresh learn. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual assessment has responded this call for for the reason that its founding by way of the past due Harold Barnes greater than 40 years in the past.
The Biology of Lungfishes offers an up to date selection of reports on probably the most vital elements of the lifetime of lungfishes. The booklet attracts on contributions from famous specialists with a protracted checklist of clinical paintings inside their respective fields. the overall normal background of the 3 genera of lungfishes, the interesting fossil tale, and smooth principles of lungfish phylogeny shape the most a part of the textual content.
The Mollusca, quantity 7: copy provides the numerous positive aspects of copy for one of many major significant molluscan teams. This booklet reports the reproductive biology of land snails, which deals the foundation for making attention-grabbing comparisons with different terrestrial teams in illustrating how evolutionary a number of teams solved their universal challenge of laying eggs.
This booklet represents the 1st multidisciplinary clinical paintings on a deep volcanic maar lake compared to different related temperate lakes. The syntheses of the most features of Lake Pavin are, for the 1st time, set in a more impregnable footing comparative strategy, encompassing neighborhood, nationwide, eu and foreign aquatic technological know-how contexts.
- The Life of Langston Hughes: Volume II: 1941-1967, I Dream a World (Life of Langston Hughes, 1941-1967)
- Cephalopods: Ecology and Fisheries
- Cenozoic Seas: The View From Eastern North America
- Deep-Sea Mining: Resource Potential, Technical and Environmental Considerations
Extra info for Ancient Marine Reptiles